One of our absolute staple favourite Thai foods was Pad Thai – the combination of crunchy vegetables and peanuts along with tofu and noodles made it either a great quick snack or a killer stand alone meal.
Here is a great recipe we learned so you can make it in true Thai style!
- 100g rice noodles
- 50g chicken breast cut into chunks
- 50g tofu cut into cubes
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 50g bean sprouts
- 20g shredded carrot
- 2 tbsp. of cooking oil
- 1 tbsp. of dried shrimp
- 1/2 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1/2 tbsp. chili powder
- Mix the sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce, oyster sauce and chili powder in a bowl and keep as seasoning sauce.
- Add cooking oil to a Wok on medium heat and put in the sliced garlic and the shrimp. Then add the Chicken and the Tofu until it is cooked through.
- Crack the egg into the Wok and scramble it.
- Add the rice noodles in along with the seasoning sauce and water.
- Finally add the remaining ingredients, stir for a few seconds and it is almost ready to serve.
- Garnish with crushed peanuts and lime juice – serve and enjoy!