A recipe that we picked up in Chiang Mai, stir fry pork with hot basil leaves became a firm favourite in our repertoire. It takes about fifteen minutes to prep and only around five minutes to cook!
- 500g minced pork
- 3 birds eye chili’s
- 2 garlic cloves (finely minced)
- 1/4 onion cut in half
- 1 long bean, sliced
- 2-3 stems of hot basil, leaves only (you can get this at any good Asian supermarket)
- 1/4 red chili, sliced
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- Heat the oil in a Wok on medium heat. Add garlic and chili and then add the pork, stirring until cooked.
- Mix the sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce, oyster sauce and ground pepper to make a seasoning sauce.
- Add onion, long bean and seasoning sauce – stir until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the hot basil leaves and red chili and stir in!
- Remove from heat and serve.